In this course, you will learn and review negotiation techniques that support a best value for the government. You will learn win-win negotiation techniques, methods to counter win-lose techniques, and pre-award and post-award negotiation tactics. Many role-play and practical exercises will provide participants with the skills to apply these techniques on the job.
- What is negotiation?
- Negotiation Strategies that work!
- What is the Government’s policy on price negotiations?
- What is the Contracting Officer’s objective when negotiating price?
- Contractor’s vs. Government’s Goals
- What factors contribute to a successful negotiation?
- What are “win-win negotiations?”
- How do you utilize win-win and win/lose tactics?
- What is Position-Based Negotiation?
- What is Interest-Based Negotiation?
- Course Length – 3 Days
- Continuous Learning Points (CLPs) – 24
- Graded Materials Include: Case Studies, Practical Exercises, In-Class Assignments, Group Discussion and Attendance of all Instructional Hours
Negotiation Skills Workshop
Course is available In-Person and Virtually