This course is designed for experienced Contracting Officer’s Representatives (CORs). Intermediate COR Refresher reviews and looks deeper into the requirements of the COR, including knowledge related to COR roles and responsibilities; ethical and legal factors that impact COR responsibilities and information necessary to effectively evaluate situations as a COR.
- Examine the purpose, process, and the role and responsibilities of the COR as a member of the market research team
- Recognize the role and responsibilities of the COR related to the development of the solicitation
- Demonstrate best value and discuss the processes to achieve it
- Identify COR responsibilities and activities for the post award orientation and development of the COR Work Plan
- Review the government’s method of assuring quality through inspection and the COR’s role
- Describe the COR’s role and responsibilities in reviewing contractor invoices and recommending payment
- Describe the COR’s role in addressing contract remedies for different situations
- Describe the role of the COR in evaluating a contractor’s performance and contract closeout
- Course Length – 5 Days
- Continuous Learning Points (CLPs) – 40
- Graded Materials Include: Case Studies, Practical Exercises, In-Class Assignments, Group Discussion and Attendance of all Instructional Hours
- SCC offers this course virtually through the following: Adobe Connect, Microsoft Teams, Zoom for Government, WebEx, and Google Meets.