Project leaders introduce change and innovation, manage technical requirements and team challenges. Moreover, they influence, motivate, and persuade the project team to work toward a common objective. This course allows professionals to discover and define the leadership skills that are necessary for program and project managers to fulfill the mission and vision of their program and agency. The course covers a broad range of organizational leadership skills that are focused on the challenges that government employees face. It focuses on the importance of communication, adaptive leadership, conflict management, accountability, ethics and culture.
- The PM Role and Leadership
- Adaptive Leadership
- The Trust Model
- Conflict Management
- Communications and Leadership
- Problem Solving and Culture
- Focus on the Customer
- Ethics and Values in Acquisitions
- Graded Materials Include: Attendance of all Instructional Hours, Participation, and Course Exercises
- Pre-course work Required: None
*It is recommended that FAC-P/PM courses are taken in order.