Project Management Basics (FPM 120A) is a five-day, entry level certification course providing the basic knowledge and comprehension skills that entry-level program and project managers (PMs) in the Federal sector require to manage a small project or to participate as an effective member of an integrated project team (IPT). The target audience for this training is entry-level project managers within the Federal civilian agencies desiring to complete the training requirements for the Federal Acquisition Certification for Program and Project Managers (FAC-P/PM). Using a scenario-based approach, FPM 120A covers project management roles, responsibilities, decision points, and key deliverables required for effective project management. Learners will comprehend acquisition basics for program and project management.
- Recognize key knowledge and skills required to successfully plan, establish, and manage Government programs and projects.
- Learn about the project lifecycle, which is the process typically used to develop a Government project from start to finish.
- Apply the six phases of the project lifecycle to a small project.
- Graded Materials Include: Attendance of all Instructional Hours, Participation, and Course Exercises, Exam
- Pre-course work Required: None