This course is specifically designed for the private industry and/or Government Employees seeking to broaden their knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR). FAR Provision and Clauses will provide Federal Support Contractors and Government Personnel the breadth of knowledge required to perform their roles, including a comprehensive explanation of the FAR, FAR parts, and practical application in the purchase of goods and services from Cradle to Grave. In addition, attendees will learn fundamentals of contracting regulations, types, phases, and other elements; awareness of ethical and legal factors that impact Federal Acquisitions; and information necessary to effectively evaluate situations, apply knowledge gained, and make correct decisions to carry out their duties and responsibilities relating to Federal Acquisitions. The Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) is an evolving set of regulations government the Federal acquisition process. The FAR must maintain currency and relevancy in accordance with the changing landscape of contractual laws and policies, Congressional mandates, and technological developments that impact the acquisition process. This course explores the reviews the FAR update process and delves into the content, implications, and implementation of annual FAR changes in the acquisition process.
- Define and Understand the Federal Acquisition Regulations
- Contribute to “cradle to grave” acquisitions: Pre-award Planning, Contractor Selection, Performance Monitoring, and Contract Administration, to include Source Selections, GSA Schedules, and Simplified Acquisitions
- Understand the contract types/contract vehicles, and their uses: BPAs, IDIQs, GWACs, MACs, Purchase Orders, Task Orders, Call Orders, and Deliver Orders
- Learn the Weaknesses and Strengths of the Contracting Office, and learn how to effectively Communicate with Contracting Officers/Contract Specialists
- Apply Contracting Terminology and Policies, Rules, and Regulations to “real world” Contracting Scenarios
- FAR Update Process
- FAR Updates in the Past Fiscal Year
- Proposed and Draft FAR Updates
- Course Length –2 days
- Continuous Learning Points (CLPs) – 16
- Graded Materials Include: Attendance of all Instructional Hours, Participation, and Course Exercises
- Pre-course work Required: None
- SCC offers this course virtually through the following: Adobe Connect, Microsoft Teams, Zoom for Government, WebEx, and Google Meets.
FAR Provision and Clauses
Course is available In-Person and Virtually