This course is specifically designed for the private industry and/or Government Employees seeking to broaden their knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Process. FAR Overview will provide Federal Support Contractors and Government Personnel the breadth of knowledge required to perform their roles, including a comprehensive explanation of the Federal Purchase of goods and services from Cradle to Grave. In addition, attendees will learn fundamentals of contracting regulations, types, phases, and other elements; awareness of ethical and legal factors that impact Federal Acquisitions; and information necessary to effectively evaluate situations, apply knowledge gained, and make correct decisions to carry out their duties and responsibilities relating to Federal Acquisitions.
- Define and Understand the Federal Acquisition Regulations
- Contribute to “cradle to grave” acquisitions: Pre-award Planning, Contractor Selection, Performance Monitoring, and Contract Administration, to include Source Selections, GSA Schedules, and Simplified Acquisitions
- Understand the contract types/contract vehicles, and their uses: BPAs, IDIQs, GWACs, MACs, Purchase Orders, Task Orders, Call Orders, and Deliver Orders
- Learn the Weaknesses and Strengths of the Contracting Office, and learn how to effectively Communicate with Contracting Officers/Contract Specialists
- Apply Contracting Terminology and Policies, Rules, and Regulations to “real world” Contracting Scenarios
- Course Length –2 day
- Continuous Learning Points (CLPs) – 16
- Graded Materials Include: Attendance of all Instructional Hours, Participation, and Course Exercises
- SCC offers this course virtually through the following: Adobe Connect, Microsoft Teams, Zoom for Government, WebEx, and Google Meets.