This course is designed for experienced Contracting Officer’s Representatives (CORs). The 5-Day COR Refresher provides an in-depth review of COR roles and
responsibilities throughout the acquisition lifecycle, with a specific emphasis on market research, source selection, and contract administration. This course offers a specific emphasis on performance-based service acquisitions.
- Review the purpose and authority of a COR and discuss contractual ethics and integrity when serving in the role.
- Examine the purpose, process, and the role and responsibilities of the COR as a member of the market research team.
- Recognize the role and responsibilities of the COR related to the development of the solicitation.
- Demonstrate best value and discuss the processes to achieve it.
- Review the content and structure of Government contracts and the process for extracting salient information for contract administration.
- Identify COR responsibilities and activities for the post award orientation and development of the COR Work Plan.
- Review the government’s method of assuring quality through inspection and acceptance, with specific emphasis on performance-based service acquisitions.
- Develop skills related to contract monitoring and oversite, with specific focus on performance evaluations and the quality assurance surveillance plan (QASP).
- Understand contract modifications, including timing, authority, and process as well as scope determinations.
- Describe the COR’s role in addressing contract remedies for different situations and performance concerns.
- Describe the role of the COR in terminations and contract closeout.
- Course Length – 5 Day
- Continuous Learning Points (CLPs) – 40
- Graded Materials Include: Case Studies, Practical Exercises, In-Class Assignments, Group Discussion and Attendance of all Instructional Hours
- SCC offers this course virtually through the following: Adobe Connect, Microsoft Teams, Zoom for Government, and Google Meets.