This course is designed for experienced Contracting Officer’s Representatives (CORs). COR Level III: Advanced Workshop looks deeper into the requirements of the COR, including knowledge related to COR roles and responsibilities; ethical and legal factors that impact COR responsibilities; and information necessary to effectively evaluate situations as a COR. More authentic exercises are given in the COR Level III: Advanced Workshop that are pertinent to an expert COR to help make correct decisions and carry out their responsibilities.
- Examine the purpose, process, and the role and responsibilities of the COR as a member of the market research team
- Recognize the role and responsibilities of the COR related to the development of the solicitation
- Demonstrate best value and discuss the processes to achieve it
- Identify COR responsibilities and activities for the post award orientation and development of the COR Work Plan
- Review the government’s method of assuring quality through inspection and the COR’s role
- Describe the COR’s role and responsibilities in reviewing contractor invoices and recommending payment
- Describe the COR’s role in addressing contract remedies for different situations
- Describe the role of the COR in evaluating a contractor’s performance and contract closeout
- Course Length – 5 days
- Continuous Learning Points (CLPs) – 40
- Graded Materials Include: Attendance, Course Exercises, and Course Exam/Quiz
- SCC offers this course virtually through the following: Adobe Connect, Microsoft Teams, Zoom for Government, and Google Meets.