This course is designed for Contracting Officer’s Representatives (CORs) who are responsible for assuring that contractors perform in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract. COR 222 will provide CORs the breadth of knowledge required to perform their role, including knowledge related to COR roles and responsibilities, as well as fundamentals of contracting regulations, types, phases, and other elements; awareness of ethical and legal factors that impact COR responsibilities; and information necessary to effectively evaluate situations, apply knowledge gained, and make correct decisions to carry out COR responsibilities. This course can be DoD based or directed at a Federal Civilian audience.
- Recognize the duties, limitations, and authority of the COR.
- Identify key laws and regulations that address fraud, waste and abuse and ethical considerations in federal contracting
- Recognize COR responsibilities in acquisition mission support planning
- Recognize the COR responsibilities in the contract award process
- Given a contract action, identify the delegated technical functions for which the COR is responsible.
- Describe the administrative duties of the COR as outlined in the delegation letter.
- Identify when proposed changes under the contract are needed; so that the best interests of the government are protected
- Recognize the COR’s role in tracking contract expenditures
- Recognize the COR’s role in tracking the contract schedule
- Recognize the importance of the COR as a representative of the Contracting Officer during performance of the contract
- Describe a COR’s responsibilities in inspecting and accepting goods and services
- Identify the CORs participation in contract closeout
- Identify major requirements for timely invoice review and payments
- Identify control and disposition requirements for government furnished or leased assets
- Course Length – 5 Days
- Continuous Learning Points (CLPs) – 40
- Graded Materials Include: Case Studies, Practical Exercises, In-Class Assignments, Group Discussion and Attendance of all Instructional Hours
- SCC offers this course virtually through the following: Adobe Connect, Microsoft Teams, Zoom for Government, WebEx, and Google Meets.
Course is available In-Person and Virtually