CON 244 focuses on unique construction contracting issues such as: acquisition planning, contract performance management, funding, environmental concerns, construction contract language, and construction contracting in the commercial setting, the Construction Wage Rate Requirements Statute, design/build, basic schedule delay analysis, constructive changes, acceleration, and construction contract quality management.
- Given a construction requirement to build a new facility, renovate an existing one, or maintain existing facilities, apply the Federal acquisition laws, regulations, Department of Defense supplementation, policies, procedures, and best business practices in soliciting and administering construction contracts.
- Given a contract requirement, contrast a regular support requirement with a construction requirement and how to devise a Construction Acquisition Plan in accordance with FAR Part 7, DFARS 207 and agency policies and procedures.
- After receipt of a construction contracting request, develop a construction solicitation package in accordance with FAR, DFARS, and agency policy/procedures
- After receiving bids or proposals in response to a construction solicitation, evaluate the bids/proposals for award of the construction contract.
- Given a construction contract, diagnose and determine the applicable construction contract administration (compliance) approach, using FAR, DFARS, DOD regulation/guidelines, and best business practices.
- Given a changed condition on a construction contract, select the appropriate clause(s) and formulate the remedy for the situation in accordance with Federal and DoD acquisition laws, regulations, and best business practices.
- Given a construction project scenario and schedule analysis techniques, determine construction time, delay, and other equitable adjustments.
- Given a construction contractor’s invoice, document appropriate actions necessary to verify for construction progress payment and, at contract conclusion, describe appropriate actions necessary for construction contract closeout
- Course Length – 5 Days
- Graded Materials Include: Graded pre-class assignment, lecture, discussion, exercises, case studies, independent readings, and graded “Hot Topics” point paper.
- Pre-course Work: Yes
|Course is available In-Person and Virtually|