This Virtual Instructor-Led Training (VILT) course includes the basic knowledge and skills required for a new contracting professional to demonstrate initial readiness for a contracting career and in post award contract administration.
- Recognize the fundamental concepts that ensure quality assurance in contract performance.
- Summarize the aspects of managing subcontracts.
- Summarize the requirements to monitor the prime contractor’s small business subcontracting plan.
- Given the FAR, DFARS and Procedures, Guidance and Information (PGI) and agency supplements, summarize the characteristics of managing changes during contract performance.
- Describe contract interpretation and disputes.
- Summarize contract termination.
- Given the FAR, DFARS and Procedures, Guidance and Information (PGI), outline the key elements of managing contract close out for the buyer and seller
- Summarize procedures associated with the final disposition of Government property as identified in the FAR, DFARS, and Federal Management Regulation
- Recognize the buyer and sellers actions to reconcile the contract for closeout
- Identify contract closeout reporting requirements as described in the FAR, DFARS, and DFARS PGI.
- Describe the contract administration planning, administration, and post-award processes.
- Summarize the characteristics of contract payment, contract files, and funds management during contract execution.
- Describe contract communication mechanisms for contract execution.
- Recognize when post-award situations require contractor cost information submission
- Course Length – 54 hours over 19 Days (live and self-paced instruction), 27 hours over 8 days
- Graded Materials Include: Pre-course Work, Case Studies, Assignments, Attendance of all Instructional Hours, and Exam
- SCC offers this course virtually through the following: Adobe Connect, Microsoft Teams, Zoom for Government, and Google Meets.