This course is the first in the Defense Acquisition University’s new four-part course series of the Contracting Certification Program and focuses on the foundational skills necessary to acclimate to the acquisition profession. This course is specifically designed for acquisition professionals and covers the contracting lifecycle and associated contracting principles, understanding regulations including the Federal Acquisition Regulation and Agency-specific FAR supplements, the construction of solicitations and contracts, and fundamental guiding principles of the acquisition profession.
This course is conducted as a hybrid of live and self-paced instruction with exercises, case studies, lecture, and discussion facilitated by our Virtual instruction platform and Learning Management System across 19 days .
- Summarize the contracting process and identify the stages of the contracting lifecycle.
- Recognize general contracting concepts and identify the essential elements of a contract and Federal acquisition authority.
- Recognize the requirements and benefits of market research, competition, and fair and reasonable pricing in Federal acquisitions.
- Understand the purpose and application of the FAR, Agency-specific FAR supplements, and class deviations to Federal acquisitions.
- Describe the FAR research process and how to accurately research, read, and interpret the FAR.
- Cite the parts of a solicitation and contract based on the Uniform Contract Format.
- Define the ethical behavior expected of all contracting professionals and their organizations
- Explain how the collective acquisition team functions together to successfully accomplish the mission.
- Recognize how communication and documentation impact overall contract management effectiveness.
- Course Length – 19 Days (live and self-paced instruction) or 8 Days
- Graded Materials Include: Case Studies, Practical Exercises, Attendance of all Instructional Hours, and Exams
- SCC offers this course virtually through Adobe Connect, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and Google Meet.