This course is designed for Contracting Officer’s Representatives (CORs) who are responsible for assuring that contractors perform in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract. Basic COR Essentials I will provide CORs the basics of knowledge required to perform their role, including knowledge related to COR roles and responsibilities, as well as fundamentals of contracting regulations, types, phases, and other elements; awareness of ethical and legal factors that impact COR responsibilities; and information necessary to effectively evaluate situations and apply knowledge gained. This course is designed to be a general overview.
- Define and Understand the COR’s Delegation of Authority and Responsibilities
- Contribute to “cradle to grave” acquisitions: Pre-award Planning, Contractor Selection, Performance Monitoring, and Contract Administration
- Apply Contracting Terminology and Policies, Rules, and Regulations to “real world” Contracting Scenarios
- Course Length –1 day
- Continuous Learning Points (CLPs) – 8
- Graded Materials Include: Attendance of all Instructional Hours, Participation, and Course Exercises
- SCC offers this course virtually through the following: Adobe Connect, Microsoft Teams, Zoom for Government, WebEx, and Google Meets.