This course is designed to provide managers, supervisors, and team leads of varying levels tools, techniques and strategies for leading remote or distanced teams. As technological capabilities advance and off-site work becomes more common, leadership must be prepared to operate in a distanced, remote environment, and incorporate these skillsets into day-to-day operations. This course will introduce the benefits and drawbacks of a dispersed worki8ng environment, help leadership learn how to leverage the benefits of remote working for increased employee engagement, motivation, and teamworking, and introduce the concept of adaptive leadership.
- Technical, interpersonal, and cultural issues facing distanced teams
- Effective performance management for remote employees
- Employee retention in a remote environment
- Effective virtual teamwork and communication
- Best practices in leading and motivating distanced teams
- Assessing team skills and perspectives, and minimizing team weaknesses, with limited contact
- Graded Materials Include: Case Studies, Practical Exercises, In-Class Assignments, Group Discussion and Attendance of all Instructional Hours