This course is specifically designed for the private industry and/or Government Employees seeking to broaden their knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Process, more specifically the utilization of Simplifies Acquisition Procedures (SAP). This SAP Course will provide Federal Support Contractors and Government Personnel the breadth of knowledge required to perform their roles, including a comprehensive explanation of the Federal Purchase of goods and services from Cradle to Grave, and how to purchase these goods and services using Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) Part 13. In addition, attendees will learn fundamentals of contracting regulations, types, phases, and other elements; awareness of ethical and legal factors that impact Federal Acquisitions; and information necessary to effectively evaluate situations, apply knowledge gained, and make correct decisions to carry out their duties and responsibilities relating to Federal Acquisitions.
- Define and Understand the Federal Acquisition Regulations, Part 13
- Contribute to “cradle to grave” acquisitions: Pre-award Planning, Contractor Selection, Performance Monitoring, and Contract Administration Utilizing SAP
- Understand the SAP contract types/contract vehicles, and their uses
- Learn the Weaknesses and Strengths of the Contracting Office, and learn how to effectively Communicate with Contracting Officers/Contract Specialists, and End Users
- Apply Contracting Terminology and Policies, Rules, and Regulations to “real world” Contracting Scenarios
- Graded Materials Include: Group Discussion, Authentic Exercises, In-Class Assignments, and Attendance of all Instructional Hours
- Pre-course work Required: None