This course is an overview of Intellectual Property Law and the federal government’s intellectual property. The four types of intellectual property law are explored and why these laws are important in the acquisitions process. Case studies and practical exercises are used to explain these concepts.
- Why is intellectual property protected?
- What is a copyright?
- What are patents?
- What are trademarks?
- What are trade secrets?
- What Cannot be protected as intellectual property?
- Why is Intellectual Property Law important in the acquisitions process?
- Course Length –2 days
- Continuous Learning Points (CLPs) – 16
- Graded Materials Include: Attendance of all Instructional Hours, Participation, and Course Exercises
- SCC offers this course virtually through the following: Adobe Connect, Microsoft Teams, Zoom for Government, WebEx, and Google Meets.
Intellectual Property Law
Course is available In-Person and Virtually