The course is an overview that acquaints participants with the purposes and principles of the federal budget.
- Identify the major legislation affecting the federal budget process.
- Track the budget timeline and the three phases of the budget process.
- Identify the roles of the major players in the budget process.
- Explain how agency budget submissions contribute to the President’s Budget.
- Outline how agencies use and track their allocated funds.
- List the methods established to audit the use of federal funds.
- Quantify the size and scope of the President’s current Budget.
- Identify trends in federal spending during the last 40 years
- Course Length – 3 Days
- Continuous Learning Points (CLPs) – 24
- Graded Materials Include: Case Studies, Practical Exercises, In-Class Assignments, Group Discussion and Attendance of all Instructional Hours
Course is available In-Person and Virtually