This course explores FAR Part 12, Acquisition of Commercial Items. Participants will walk through the acquisition lifecycle for commercially available products and services, and receive specific guidance on unique requirements regarding terms and conditions for commercial items and commercially available off the shelf items. Lessons will be supplements with practical application thru hands-on exercises and in-class activities.
- Define commercial and commercially available.
- Understand commercial items test program
- Describe the acquisition life cycle for commercial items and services
- List and explain applicable laws and regulations specific to commercial item contracting
- Understand efficiencies associated with commercial acquisitions
- Graded Materials Include: Attendance of all Instructional Hours, Participation, and Course Exercises