This course explores FAR Part 12, Acquisition of Commercial Items. Participants will use interactive lecture, exercises and group discussion to walk through the acquisition lifecycle for commercially available products and services. Lessons will focus on commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) procurement policies and procedures, supplemented with practical application through case studies and in-class activities.
- Define commercial and commercially available.
- Understand commercial items test program
- Describe the acquisition life cycle for commercial items and services
- List and explain applicable laws and regulations specific to commercial item contracting
- Understand efficiencies associated with commercial acquisitions
- Graded Materials Include: Attendance of all Instructional Hours, Participation, and Course Exercises