This course thoroughly explores Far Part 16, Types of Contracts. The course is organized in accordance with the Far Part 16 subparts, or contract types. Participants will gain insight on the practical application of each contract type, limitations, applicable clauses, and appropriate usage. Real-world examples and exercises will create an engaging and hands on environment for this course.
- Selecting the appropriate contract type for a given requirement
- Comparing and contrasting fixed price versus cost reimbursement contracts
- Understanding incentives and fees
- Comparing and contrasting IDIQs and Blanket Purchase Agreements
- Defining letter contracts and determining when it is appropriate to use this method of contracting
- Explaining time and materials contracting
- Course Length –2 days
- Continuous Learning Points (CLPs) – 16
- Graded Materials Include: Attendance of all Instructional Hours, Participation, and Course Exercises
- SCC offers this course virtually through the following: Adobe Connect, Microsoft Teams, Zoom for Government, WebEx, and Google Meets.