The primary focus is to strengthen the skills of our contracting staff in writing a strong price analysis. Students may use various cost and price analysis techniques and quantitative tools to analyze a contractor’s proposal and to develop a government negotiation range and objective. The focus of this class does not need to focus on a single FAR part, as these skills are required no matter if a CO is using FAR 15, 16 or 8. This course will be for continuous learning purposes, and therefore it is requested there is no end of course exam.
- Apply price-related factors.
- Determine if pricing is fair and reasonable.
- Integrate contract planning process and conduct market research for price analysis.
- Recognize and apply contract cost principles.
- Discuss and apply contract pricing strategies for optimal outcomes for the interests of the government.
- Understand impacts of direct and indirect labor and material costs.
- Course Length – 2 Days
- Continuous Learning Points (CLPs) – 16
- Graded Materials Include: Case Studies, Practical Exercises, In-Class Assignments, Group Discussion and Attendance of all Instructional Hours
- SCC offers this course virtually through the following: Adobe Connect, Microsoft Teams, Zoom for Government, and Google Meets.