This Virtual Instructor-Led Training (VILT) course addresses those skills and competencies most basic and fundamental to the contracting professional. These include general principles, such as conducting price or cost analysis, planning negotiations, selecting a course and understanding protests.
- Recognize key offer elements
- Summarize contract risk, including cost, schedule and performance risk.
- Summarize the proposal analysis techniques
- Given a contractor’s offer, perform price analysis
- Summarize cost analysis techniques
- Summarize cost realism analysis techniques
- Document the proposal analysis results
- Given the FAR, DFARS and Procedures, Guidance and Information (PGI), summarize the policies and procedures for planning contract negotiations
- Outline the process for the initial screening of offers
- Summarize the process for evaluating offers
- Select the negotiation principles applicable to Government contracting
- Recognize actions required for the final award decision
- Outline the process for requesting and preparing final offer revisions
- Summarize the steps for finalizing the contract award
- Summarize the steps to document the outcome of an offer
- Summarize the aspects of managing disagreements from seller’s perspective
- Summarize the aspects of managing disagreements from buyer’s perspective
- Course Length – 41 hours over 4 weeks (live and self-paced instruction)
- Continuous Learning Points (CLPs) – 41
- Graded Materials Include: Pre-course Work, Case Studies, Assignments, Participation, Attendance of all Instructional Hours, and Quizzes
- SCC offers this course virtually through the following: Adobe Connect, Microsoft Teams, Zoom for Government, WebEx, and Google Meets.