This two-day course will enable students to effectively use the commercial item procedures of FAR Part 12. Topics covered include analysis of the commercial item clauses, how and when these clauses may be modified, market research, how to select the appropriate procurement method, contract financing, data rights, termination procedures and the use of performance-based contracting methods. The course includes discussion of the most recent cases and regulatory changes, as well as several practical exercises
- Define commercial and commercially available.
- Understand commercial items test program
- Distinguish between commercial, commercial with modifications, and non-commercial
- List and explain applicable laws and regulations specific to commercial item contracting
- Understand efficiencies associated with commercial acquisitions
- Course Length –2 day
- Continuous Learning Points (CLPs) – 16
- Graded Materials Include: Attendance of all Instructional Hours, Participation, and Course Exercises
- SCC offers this course virtually through the following: Adobe Connect, Microsoft Teams, Zoom for Government, WebEx, and Google Meets.