This three-day, instructor-led course effectively addresses the essentials of program management as defined in PMI’s Standard for Program Management. Students experience a hands-on application of core principles through case studies and team exercises. The program management life-cycle process groups, stages and associated themes are addressed through authentic exercises based on the Hands-On approach.
- Increase their effectiveness and efficiency as a program manager in achieving the strategic value of a program
- Follow a systematic approach to managing programs
- Apply proven tools and techniques to program management
- Recognize benefits management as the primary responsibility of the program manager
- Use a standard vocabulary for program management
- Distinguish between projects, programs and portfolios; and project management, program management and portfolio management
- Describe the program life cycle and recognize the value of following this approach
- Learn the critical success factors of program management, maintaining alignment with strategy, managing benefits and stakeholders and executing program governance
- Course Length – 3 Days
- Continuous Learning Points (CLPs) – 24
- Graded Materials Include: Case Study Familiarization, In-Class Assignments, and Attendance of all Instructional Hours
- SCC offers this course virtually through the following: Adobe Connect, Microsoft Teams, Zoom for Government, WebEx, and Google Meets.
A Hands-On Approach to Program Management
Course is available In-Person and Virtually