This course focuses on unique construction contracting issues, such as acquisition planning, contract performance management, funding, environmental concerns, construction contract language, and construction contracting in the commercial setting, the Construction Wage Rate Requirements Statute, design/build, basic schedule delay analysis, constructive changes, acceleration, and construction contract quality management.
- Explain the environment and rules for contracting for construction
- Perform the critical preaward and postaward construction contracting functions
- Administer clauses unique to construction contracting
- Course Length – 5 Days
- Continuous Learning Points (CLPs) – 40
- Graded pre-class assignment, lecture, discussion, exercises, case studies, independent readings, and graded “Hot Topics” point paper.
Back to course listing