Stafford Consulting, an information technology and federal consulting company with excellent benefits, is looking for an M1 Abrams (91A) and M2 Bradley – BFV (91M) Systems Maintainer Instructor in Fort Benning, Georgia.
- Highly preferred are recently separated senior Army NCOs who are MOS Qualified in either 91M or 91A AND who have been certified instructors (Army Basic Instructor Course [ABIC] or its approved equivalent Foundation Instructor Facilitator Course [FIFC]) at the MCoE within the past 5 years
- Personnel providing Instructor services must complete the U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC) MOS-specific technical training
- Instructor/Writers must be proficient with MS office computer programs (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Instructor/Writers must have knowledge of applicable regulations and doctrine regarding MOS-specific training, have superior written and verbal communication skills, and be able to work with minimum guidance
- Instructor/Writers must be able to pass the student test prior to performing on this task order
- Instructors must possess a minimum of three (3) years specific experience in teaching, development or reviewing course materials, training aids, and manuals for vocational or military training programs for the specific MOS’, 91A1O and/or 91M1O
- For the M1 Abrams Systems Maintainer (91A), needed technical experience includes knowledge and hands-on skills in performing field level maintenance on the M1 Abrams family of vehicles to include the suspension systems, steering systems, hydraulic systems, fire extinguisher/suppression systems, fire control system, and vehicular armament and associated items
- For the Bradley Fighting Vehicle Systems (BFV) Maintainer (91M), needed technical experience includes knowledge and hands-on skills in performing field level maintenance on the M2 BFV family of vehicles to include the suspension systems, steering systems, hydraulic systems, fire extinguisher/suppression systems, fire control system, and vehicular armament and associated items
Description of Work:
Academic Instruction. Conduct classroom/laboratory conferences, discussions, demonstrations, and practical exercises in accordance with course material, technical manuals, and student workbooks that are provided by the government. Instructors are expected to state the action, conditions, and standard and be able to teach all lessons within the Program of Instruction (POI). All instruction shall conform to the principles and concepts contained in the Government approved POI and shall ensure performance to standard for all stated tasks to include administer performance based written tests and performance hands-on tests. Instructors will score satisfactory or excellent according to Technical Exhibit 1, Instructor Observation & Assessment Rubric. Conduct student critiques in accordance with USA ODS standard operating procedure. Provide remedial training for students requiring additional instruction in order to perform student objectives to standard. Use proper questioning techniques, such as Ask-Pause- Call-Evaluate.
Classroom Support. Prepares classroom, training area, and training materials. Includes reviewing lesson plans,subject matter material, preparing recovery training aids, and ensuring Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is utilized. Maintain Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS) on all vehicle/equipment and notify the Chief Instructor, COR and/or Course Manager of non-mission capable equipment.
Student Support. Conduct academic counseling; complete counseling record, grade written and performance tests, evaluate student performance, prepare and forward required documentation on any student released prior to graduation.
Training Support. The following tasks fall under Training Support. The Instructors will:
- Review outdated training materials and lesson plans within the respective course, based on lessons learned and new training requirements mandated by TRADOC
- Analyze, perform detailed analysis for training to include needs and requirements for training
- Recommend changes and evaluates training material and curriculums to determine effectiveness and determine that they meet desired training out-comes
- Provide professional and technical information and advice for training strategy outcomes
- Instructors will strive to improve instruction by suggestion and attempting different approaches and methods
- Initiate minor changes to improve course layout or to add additional material
- Instructors will serve as a principal source of technical information on which course revisions actions are based
- Review and recommends changes to doctrinal publications
- Assist in the review of job analysis, task inventory, job task data cards, and task analysis information sheets
- Evaluate student achievement and diagnoses student learning difficulties for particular low and high ability students or groups and improves instruction through the application of innovative or advanced instructional techniques
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment as required
- Checks out equipment for optimum operation, any item of equipment including test instruments and mock-ups and reports malfunction in order that corrective action may be taken
- Makes recommendations and corrections for improved system performance based on direct knowledge and experience
- Include, where appropriate, the use and integration of subject matter experts and other support tools in providing analytical, administrative, testing, sustainment, training, technical, strategic concepts and program management
Benefits Package: full medical, 401K, life insurance benefits, Personal Time Off/Sick Leave, limited training, and education is reimbursable.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Tank Instructor” in the subject line. Applications will be considered, only those being considered for the position will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
SCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, sexual or gender orientation, religion, or physical ability.