Stafford Consulting, an information technology and federal consulting company with excellent benefits, has a new 3-year contract and has immediate openings for Help Desk technicians to support a vital US Army Training mission in Fort Rucker Alabama.
- Interim Secret or Secret Clearance
- Minimum 1 years of computer experience. Direct Client Support is performed by a Customer Support Technician that is required to physically touch the equipment via coordination with the requestor
- Responds to and updates requests are initiated via a Service Request system and assigned by the help desk personnel monitoring the Service Request system. This will include the distribution, turn-in, and redistribution of IT equipment to staff
- Duties include maintaining an Asset Management inventory of IT equipment to ensure that 100% accountability is maintained and that warranty, repairs, and replacement of equipment is performed as required
- Candidate will be required to acquire a Government Drivers license which will be valid for both vehicle and forklift (up to 5 ton)
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of customer service and customer support principles and methods
- Report, respond to, and resolve customer requests using the ticket system
- Install, configure, upgrade, and troubleshoot hardware and software components
- Present formal and informal training and assistance to customers
- Responds to and diagnoses problems through discussion with users
- Respond and answer telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support
- Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution
- Provides support to end users for either PC, server, or classroom based applications or hardware
- Ability to demonstrate good written and oral communication
- Some experience with computer technologies, including hardware, network, and software
- Experience with Microsoft Windows based desktops, notebooks, tablets, peripherals, networking infrastructure, or classroom training configurations
- Knowledge of basic computer networking
- Monitor ticketing queue and work on assigned tickets
- Communicate effectively with users and update tickets with all relevant information
- Deliver and setup equipment
- Create, unlock and disable Active Directory accounts
- Additional duties as assigned
- A+ Certification Desired
- Government Driver’s License
- Government Forklift License (5 ton)
Benefits Package: includes Paid Time Off/Sick Leave and limited training/education reimbursement.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the job title in the subject line. Applications will be considered, only those being considered for the position will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
SCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, sexual or gender orientation, religion, or physical ability.